Home NEWS Two year old boy dies in fire outbreak

Two year old boy dies in fire outbreak

A two-year-old boy has been reported dead following a fire incident that razed a flat at
Ojuelegba in Lagos State on Thursday.

Rasak Fadipe, the director of the Lagos State Fire Service, confirmed the tragic incident in an interview with NAN.

Fadipe said the tragedy occurred at 11,  Atan Street, Ojuelegba, Lagos, saying they got call around 6am.

He said at the time they arrived at the three storey building, the first floor that was housing the victims was in flame and people in the area had been able to evacuate the family members out of the building unconscious due to fumes inhaling.

“The children: two girls and a boy of ages 8, 5 and 2 were taken to LUTH, while parents taken to a private hospital.

“Unfortunately, the boy died at the hospital. We went to see the victims at the hospital.”

The director also called for the installation of fire-fighting equipment at homes and public places for emergency operations.

We bring you the latest gists from all round the world. You can’t afford to miss anything. Don’t be left out!

SPEAK YOUR MIND