The Nigerian President, President Muhammadu Buhari has sent names of five nominees as non-Executive Directors (EDs) of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to the Senate for confirmation.
According to a statement by Femi Adesina, Special Adviser to the President on Media and publicity, President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday, forwarded the list of his nominees to the Senate for confirmation as Non-Executive Directors of the Board of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).
This is in accordance with Sections 6 (1) (d) and 10 (1) and (2) of the Central Bank of Nigeria (Establishment) Act, 2007,
The nominees listed in the letter to the Senate President, Abubakar Bukola Saraki, had the following names as well as their geo-political zones.
1. Professor Ummu Ahmed Jalingo – North East
2. Professor Justitia Odinakachukwu Nnabuko – South East
3. Professor Mike I. Obadan – South South
4. Dr. Abdu Abubakar – North West
5. Adeola Adetunji – South West.